POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : getting started : Re: getting started Server Time
6 Oct 2024 02:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: getting started
From: clipka
Date: 17 Jul 2009 06:30:00
Message: <web.4a6052876f5fe26da4aed1130@news.povray.org>
"rholmes51" <rho### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> I've just come across this interesting piece of software but having a little
> trouble getting started. I've looked around for help but haven't been able to
> find what i'm after...I've successfully downloaded the software and can access
> files (.pov) that open and show the 'source code', but how do i view these
> images? I've tried 'Templates - export to file' and also 'Render' but in each
> case nothing happens? Am I in the right area or completely barking up the wrong
> tree?

Presuming that you're referring to the Windows version, "Start Render" in the
"Render" menu is the thing you want. Or just click on the "Run" button.

For further instructions, I suggest reading the online help "Using the Windows
version of POV-Ray" section, particularly the "Getting Started" chapter.

I'm a bit worried though about the 'Templates - export to file' thing you
mentioned, as I can find it nowhere in the POV-Ray version I have right here,
so maybe you're using a Macintosh version after all. In that case... um, well,
I guess it should come with an online help, too, including some "Using the Mac
version of POV-Ray" section or the like.